Sunday, November 13, 2005

Women and shopping centres?

Interesting day today. Had family come up and we went and saw an old friends new kid. I'm not a family man. But I can appreciate that people want one. Personally new-borns for me look cute for about 5 minutes or until they go to sleep. If they're awake and crying thy just look like a slightly smaller football wrapped up in swaddling I swear.

I seem to be ok with kids after ages about 3-4. After that I can handle em. Before that I wouldn't have a clue. Good thing I'm not planning on having any of my own I guess.

Anyway before seeing this new midget miracle my mother and sister (who were up visiting for the day) had lunch at a shopping centre. Now we were supposed to be there an hour tops as we had a deadline to see the new rugrat in the hospital. 30-40 minutes for food and chit chat, No prob.

Then we walked past clothes shops. Oh my GOD. Ok 1st my sister wants to just "see if they have a skirt I'm looking for". Then when she's out of there my mother has "just ducked in to this place to see if they have anything while I'm waiting". Sister gets out and go to retrieve mother. Mum is located and tracked down and sister has gone in elsewhere as "I'm missing (random piece of clothing) for some (random outfit)". Rinse. Repeat. Alot.

Now I've been shopping with multiple women before. This ALWAYS HAPPENS. Are they incapable of walking past more then 3 clothing shops in a row without going in? Is it a biological imperiative "I must shop.!" ?? Does it justify your existance? "I shop therefore I am." Or is it just something in the genes? "I can't help it, I was born to shop!". ??

Ladies please explain it to me. Please I really want to know. It's driving us males MAD I tell you!!!!!!

Anyway that aside and seeing old friend with new rugrat was pleasant enough. Kid actually failed to a) cry, b) puke on me and c) hit me with any other bodily function. A succussfull encounter with a pre-crawler in my opinion.

After that we hit up an indian place on the way home and I have to tell you. If you like Indian food this place is fantastic. I actually forget the name of it but it's on Oxley road in Graceville in SW Brisbane. Friggin fantastic food. Great service. And as we found out tonight a belly dancer performs there every saturday night.

Here's a tip. Never eat somewhere with a belly dancer when you are with your mother. It's not safe no matter WHAT you do. Your either oggling the opposite sex inapproately. Or "Oh god he's GAY!!".

You can't win. Don't try.

Anyway despite my complaints over all a good day spent with family and friends I don't get to see enough off. Followed by a rather disappointing encounter in a video game I play online (WoW if you play it you know what that means if you don't don't bother asking *grin*) but that's not something I'm really concerned with gettting into.

Take care peeps see you when I get round to updating this again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home