Monday, November 21, 2005

Woo Hoo!!! ???

Well got some good news. Looks like I'll be starting back at work part-time casual on the Coming Wednesday. This is a good thing in that I am a) back in the work force and moving on and b) getting some extra much needed cash. However I can't say I'm not scared shitless. It's been over a year now since the car crash and the thought of returning to work scares the hell outta me. I know my mental facilities aren't fully back in place yet and I still have some problems. However the type of work I'll be doing is phone work, and I am at my best when "bouncing off" someone. Such as situations where I'm constantly responding. Someone calls, answer phone, they place an order, put order in computer. stuff like that.

Aside from that online the Vini Vidi Luci (I came, I saw, I played.) Guild that Order of Darkness (My world of warcraft guild) is allied with had their first molten core run. Infact the first run ever I main tanked. Was kinda fun. Though the followup was done at 10:30 American time. which is about 4:30 am Australian time. I had taken some painkillers before going to sleep so wound up sleeping straight through my alarm to get up for this run. I was woken at about 6:30 by my flatemates pounding on my door following a phonecall from the raid leader (40 people per raid) along the lines of "Is he up yet? We need a Tank!!!" It's nice to be appreciated even for just your ability to keep getting hit I guess.

Even so after a weekend spent doing that My mind was shot. that's some serious concentration and even if I do have peoples voices talking to me all the time on ventrilo to help keep me focused, and it's constant re-action, focusing 100% on something for that length of time entirely wipes me out. Fun though.

Aside from that stuff going on as usual. Wish there was something more interesting to report but aside from a minor earth rumble shaking some fillings in Darwin things are pretty quiet on the news front. Probably not so quiet if I actually LIVED in Darwin .. but hey.

Apparently 3 people actually read this in the last few weeks so to those 3 people if you re-visit HI!!

Take care all and see you again soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Morita said...

Congrats and I know you will do just great. Getting back into the swing of life is tough after a serious situation but it is necessary and you may even relax enough to have a bit of fun.

11/30/2005 1:56 am  
Blogger Morita said...

http://aquarius60.blogspot.com/

BTW check it out since I needed to make an id to post comments I spent a little time messing with the templates and odd things like that.

11/30/2005 2:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home