Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Everything go boom.

Ok well everything seemed to go boom at once.

There's been online dramas with my wow guild which I largely missed due to inability to login to warcraft. And I won't go further into them here but it has torn several people apart and resulted in a serious schism within our sub-culture of people. With several people leaving to form their own guild.

Aside from that the reason why I haven't been able to be on line and do much is simple. My Video card blew up. AGAIN.

It seems if any part of a computer is going to go it's always my video card. In this case I'm now not using my FX5200 and am instead using my old and busted GeforceMX2 that I kept around as a "stick it in ot make sure it isn't the video card that's busted" appraisal tool. Lucky I did I guess.

Anyway I may be getting a new Asus from an online friend Torgen since he has had one sitting around in a box for awhile and is prepared to send it to me for shipping costs only.
What a nice guy.
I choose to believe that his motives are purely altruistic and not that he simply wants my metal clad arse standing infront of him ingame so I get hit rather then it being his paper protected Clothwearing hiney getting pulped.
But no I do actually believe torgens just a flat nice guy.

Other news I now have a 10 yeard old in the house AGAIN. I'm cool with it though drama between the couple who were going to be looking after him while Carmen (Affinity) moved back up for a month in about a month ment they couldn't look after him.. so we are. If that makes sense.

Aside from that Affinity is coming up for a week or two in a month. At which point herself and Leighton (Sara/Thrug) will be moving out and it'll be back to 3 of us in the house.

I'm wondering who gets the large bedroom.

Anyway signing off for now as I should hit the sack. I have a bunch of 7am tests to be run on me tomorrow and I'm not looknig forward to getting up that early.

Take care all. Don't sleep with anyone I wouldn't. Don't dabble in politics. And Never summon anything bigger then your head. (Don't sweat the small stuff.... gnomes for example.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Morita said...

I hope your tests went well, 7am seems like an evil time to be poked and prodded.

I also think that Torgen seems like a great guy and hope that you get the video card so that you can be a bit more of a regular again.

Having a child around the house should remind each of you of why you are either glad you are single, or why you should be finding a special someone to have children of your own.

3/01/2006 9:56 pm  
Blogger Morita said...

Yesterday my videocard fan died. It literally fell OFF the heat sink and was found in the bottom of my case. We are going to send it back to MSI to get it repaired/replaced since it is still in the warranty period. Meanwhile I am getting a late birthday,early mother's day gift from my fiance, sometime next week a geforce 7800 gs is being installed in my computer. But for now I am running with the case open and a turbo desk fan blowing on the old card when I have the computer on, or simply borrowing my kids' computer when they are not using it to give my computer some time to cool off.

This has been a bad time for video cards lately it seems.

3/15/2006 1:48 am  
Blogger Adept said...

Problem with the test times is that's the only time they're at the local hospital .. Otherwise I need to get all the way over to the Marter hospital which is a minor logistical nightmare for me.

3/17/2006 6:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home